Monday, October 11, 2021

THE REALITY OF LIFE || PAIN AND SUFFERANCE || KASHISH GUPTA

 Well, sitting idle, thinking about destiny, evaluating the future and reminiscing past moments, I found myself entrapped in the web of few questions that literally make me question my existence and left me perplexed over the purpose and the goal of my life. 

Does this life hold any purpose? If so, why I’m unaware of it?

What’s the aim of my existence if I have to face death one day?

If my fate holds all my responsibilities, then why do I have to care about my virtues?

Is my destiny acting as a paralysing factor, restricting my abilities and refraining me from my own will?

The Existence of Humans 

Out of unknown reasons, a product of flesh and blood was formed, blessed with brain and was sent to this world as a pawn in the game of pain, sufferance, affliction and failures. The same creature was named human. Sometimes it’s literally like living in an illusional world, bounded to the thread of destiny and fate. 


Suffering and life 

In simple words, life means pain and suffering. In the words of Friedrich Nietzsche, ''To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering''.

Even the first noble truth of Buddha explains life as suffering. Suffering forms an unavoidable part of life. You can’t escape the sufferings of life. One with the abundance also suffers and one having nothing also suffers. Rich as well as poor, both are the guests of suffering in their own way.

The whole philosophy of Stoics supports the concept of suffering. In the words of  Epictetus, ''It is not death or pain that is to be feared, but the fear of death or pain''.


PAIN PAVES THE WAY FOR WISDOM 


Pain and Suffering pave the way towards wisdom. The idea that suffering promotes understanding and wisdom forms the core of Nietzsche’s thinking. As a consumer of Nietzsche's philosophy, I strongly believe in this idea of a direct relationship between pain and eternal wisdom. It's just absurd considering materialistic pleasures as the ultimate goal of life, instead, overcoming the pain do.


INNER PEACE FORMS THE ULTIMATE REALITY

The only truth about life is our continuous search for peace of mind, a state of mind associated with happiness and contentment. We are battling day and night with our miseries, hardships, afflictions and melancholy. Perhaps, life is a simple word describing all the aspects, a human face. The purpose of life is to overcome the state of misery as a warrior and face failure with the humility of a saint. The realisation of this truth results in the attainment of inner peace of mind and that's where lies the purpose of this life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE PHILOSOPHY OF CHESS || SOMETHING I LEARNT FROM THE GAME OF CHESS || KASHISH GUPTA

 Learning is a process that literally requires nothing but a will and desire to learn. Life itself is the biggest teacher one ever got and h...