Sunday, December 6, 2020

2020 in a Nutshell || Special mention to COVID.

The year 2020 was started with a boom and how it shook the whole world, we all are nicely familiar of it. Started with the pandemic, COVID, and several other natural disasters had taken place. In addition to it, many protests and movements amid covid lockdown, It seems the year 2020 wasn't that great enough. A number of lives were lost, people lost their jobs, families, suffered mental and other health problems, etc.
 It seems that 2020 was full of cruelties and was having some big revenge in mind with respect to human civilization. But we can't keep on playing the blame game always, hence, we all need to move on. As this year is going to end soon, let's rewind the whole year in a nutshell. 
In the first quarter, we all went into the state of quarantine and faced lockdown, that continued for around 8-9 months. No one was allowed to leave their houses, no-one was allowed to travel. Every public transport was shut down. All these actions were taken to stop the widespread of Covid. And we were successful in it as well. This shows, at least people realize their role and understood the whole perspective of lockdown. I know, not all were supporting it, there were people, who weren't even following the covid regulations. Leave them. There is always a bad boy in the class. 




HOW SOCIETY ACTED?
Our medical facilities, workers, defense forces, paramilitary forces, teachers, instead each and every one of us played a fantastic job at our place. A round of applause for all of us. 
I would like to give a special mention to the corona warriors here. Hundreds of doctors, nurses, and other healthcare staff members had devoted their best in order to save lives and protect us from this pandemic. They all worked days and nights without even caring for their health. Some of them lost their lives as well because of this pandemic. Much respect to them!
I know the way we got this lockdown isn't much praiseworthy i.e I can't praise the Covid here, but I also can't deny the fact that because of lockdown, we all got a break from our daily life schedules, we all were able to spend our time with our families, some of us started working for our passion, students got extra time for their exams preparations as well. Hence this lockdown was a good time to improve our performance as well.


 
INFLUENCE OVER NATURE.
Because of lockdown and decreased human activities, we were able to witness the healing process of nature, we had seen the survival of the wildlife, decrease in the pollution level, etc. We all are well aware of the fact that whenever nature suffers, humankind needs to suffer along with it. Humans were treating nature like a disguise and we humans were continuously deteriorating the environment. We kept on polluting the environment, degrading the quality of our natural resources, cutting trees at such bulk, and numerous other things that overall affect us in a destructive way. In the terms of development, we are continuously hitting nature in a negative way. Maybe this whole pandemic was a result of it. As our responsibility towards nature, we should avoid using products that harm the environment, we should plant more and more trees, and also stop being cruel towards animals. Maybe nature wanted to make us realize our mistakes and our faults, we all are doing for decades, knowingly or unknowingly.



MASKS AND SANITIZERS;
The two utmost important items that were stuck with us for the whole year like our important body parts were the masks and the sanitizers. I personally was quite irritated with the regular usage of the masks but because of the awareness of the spread of Covid and to abide the covid regulations, I wholeheartedly accepted the mask as a part of my body. Not only me but everyone among us (considering the majority) understood the situation and only because of our combined efforts, we were able to control the damage




PERSONAL EXPERIENCE;
The thing I personally experienced in this lockdown is the way I utilized and managed my time. This whole year of 2020 taught me a number of things, helped me to increase my knowledge, allowed me to work on my passion and my hobbies, helped me to boost my confidence level, and above all, raised my self-esteem. I worked for myself during this lockdown. I finally started working for my body and hence started doing meditation and other physical activities in order to improve my body functioning, increase my focus, and many other things. I managed my time to spend it with my family and my loved ones. All these activities that I did during lockdown made me realize that everyone has talent hidden inside. The matter was the discovery of talent.



WRAPPING THE NUTSHELL;
This lockdown was a curse because of the way and the reasons it occurred but the way the whole human community utilized the lockdown literally highlighted the efficiency and the caliber of all of us. 
Combining everything, 2020 was a blessing as well as a curse. We suffered but we fought bravely. This year proved that if humanity is the participant then the winner is already decided because no virus can beat mankind. 
In the end, after all these sufferings, may God blesses us all with a new beginning, a new year with new wishes and new hopes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

THE PHILOSOPHY OF CHESS || SOMETHING I LEARNT FROM THE GAME OF CHESS || KASHISH GUPTA

 Learning is a process that literally requires nothing but a will and desire to learn. Life itself is the biggest teacher one ever got and h...