Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Experience with books!

After surviving the pandemic of 2020, we are finally in the year 2021and sharing my personal experience with books is important because it's because of books I was able to defeat boredom during the lockdown. I'm sharing my own experience related to book reading and its importance in real life. Now without any further delay, let's jump into it.
Two years ago, I took a new year resolution of improving my reading habit and I decided to end the year 2019 by reading at least 5 books. I know 5 books are such a small number but believe me for a non-reader person like me, it was a difficult job. I still remember how difficult it was for me to stick to the reading process for just 5-6 pages. I was so bad at book reading that I hardly read more than 4pages in one sitting. Though I loved listening to the Audiobooks I also wanted to improve my reading skills, so I decided to improve it, without caring for the steps i.e smaller or larger, I started with 1page and then 2, 4, and so on. It took me 2-3 months to complete my first book. Btw the first book I ever read completely was "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki. In the year 2019, I finally succeeded in completing 3 books. Trust me, 3 books were a good number for any nonreader person. On the other hand, I had listened to more than 8 audiobooks as well. This difference clearly shows my lacking performance with respect to reading. 

Similarly in the year 2020, I promised myself to stick to that reading habit for the whole year, and finally, in the year 2020, I read 7-8 books and listened to more than 12 audiobooks. A special thanks to the lockdown here. 
With all these efforts, I realized how valuable and important reading books is. Books are more than just a piece of printed paper. I was fond of audiobooks and they are good as well but the satisfaction that I got by reading the book myself was unexplainable. 
I love reading books for self-improvement, life learning, financial freedom, etc. And the kind of fun and pleasure I found after reading these books myself, I wasn't getting the same by audiobooks. Now, book reading is one of my regular activities. I use to read at least 4-6 pages daily, sometimes I even read more than 4-5 chapters, and this had become a very important part of my daily schedule. 




Reading and Vocabulary;
The best way to improve your grammar and vocabulary is by reading. The more you'll read, the better you'll be in your vocabulary. Both of these things are not only associated with English literature but any subject, language, etc. No doubt you can learn these from movies, drama series, podcasts, etc, but according to researches, the best source is a book always. Even I believe the same, so, I suggest book reading as a priority.

Knowledge;
Books are the source of knowledge. So, there is no loss in reading books. Your knowledge gonna increase only after reading books, so, start reading. From being a left out person in a conversation to a person who literally has knowledge about numerous things is truly a real feeling of satisfaction and the way, how it improves your self-confidence, you can't even imagine the same.

Self-esteem and Self-development
Both self-esteem and self-development form the major components in order to shaping your life and live peacefully. You realize your very own importance by these and books form the utmost important source to raise these characters inside you.

Priorities first
By reading books about successful people, you'd be able to encounter a vision of differentiating your priorities and acting accordingly. Once you understand your priorities, your life would become quite sorted.

Feeding self Respect
There's a difference between self-respect and an egoistic attitude and you need to understand it well and the best way to learn this skill is by reading books on self-development. Different authors, psychologists, and other successful people share their experiences over the years. It takes years and years to learn something on its own but if you're getting the same written in a book, why not grasp it efficiently instead of wasting time?



No comments:

Post a Comment

THE PHILOSOPHY OF CHESS || SOMETHING I LEARNT FROM THE GAME OF CHESS || KASHISH GUPTA

 Learning is a process that literally requires nothing but a will and desire to learn. Life itself is the biggest teacher one ever got and h...